Thursday, April 11, 2013

Blocks are done

 I'm exhausted!
I finished the blocks for my Grandmother's Choice/Civil War quilts.
 
The blocks aren't in the order to sew -  they were just pinned to my design wall as I finished them.  I need to make eight 4 in. blocks to go on either side of the center and then I have a gorgeous floral border to sew on.
 
 
This is the scrappy version.  It also is not necessarily in the order I will be sewing it.  Unlike the other one, I'm going to do some sashing on this one.  I think it needs a common color fabric to calm it all down.
 
But I'll worry about that tomorrow when I have more energy.
 
R 
 


3 comments:

Karen said...

I like the version with the different size blocks. Will make a nice quilt no matter how you decide to sew it together.

Janet O. said...

Wow--lots of work went into that quilt. It will be a beauty--especially with that gorgeous appliqued medallion! Congrats on getting it to this point!
Your scrappy blocks will look good with a unifying sashing. Love scrappy quilts like that. : )

Lynn Dykstra said...

they look great--I need to get going with mine.