Monday, April 22, 2013

Kathie at Inspired by Antique Quilts asked that we show the basket quilts we have made.  So I decided to post a few here.
 

This was a BOM at Thimbles and Threads in Draper,Utah.  I completed it in 2004.  I used the Gingham Rose line by 3 Sisters.  Do you remember that one? 


This is just a top and it is from a pattern by Fig Tree.
 

This was also a BOM.  It was the Mystery BOM from Fat Quarter Shop one year.  I loved making this quilt.  It had big blocks of color in the finishing instructions but I decided to make more churn dashes and flags.  I really like how it tuned out.
I don't normally dress in my son's Hawaiian shirts - it was Halloween and I was supposed to be a tourist.  Where's my camera?


The center of this quilt is from the Women of Grace and Charm book by Blackbird Designs.

 
And this is my latest basket quilt top.  One would think I've had enough of making baskets but I'd still like to make a cake stand quilt with reproductions.
 
Off to deep clean my kitchen.
 
I know, I know, you're jealous!
R

5 comments:

Janet O. said...

I am jealous, but not of the chores--just of the basket quilts. : )
I especially love that Blackbird Designs quilt. Lovely!

Vivian said...

Your basket quilts are wonderful! Impressive! Every single one. I have the BOM basket quilt patterns I found at a sale and really want to make that some day. I keep gathering patterns and photos of basket quilts--but have only made 2 so far. I think I need to get a fire lit under my feet and get going.
BTW I'm jealous of anyone who has the energy to do much cleaning. I'm only a sporadic cleaner at best.

Kathie said...

wow these are all wonderful. I am so impressed!
Kathie

Heidee said...

I get what you said about the pie book! I am so happy that you enjoyed eating the meat pie after how long you waited:)

Karen said...

I love basket quilts. What a delight to see all of these.