Thursday, July 11, 2013

Ironic to say the least


Not much quilting around here as I am on an 18 - month leave of absence from my regular life.  BUT, I love this quilt in inside the back cover of June/July Quilter's Newsletter.  It is called 'Life in the City' by Sheila Frampton-Cooper of Van Nuys, California. 

Isn't it fabulous?  I love how she used striped fabric to make many of the stripes.  It is just a wonderful color explosion.

I am hand quilting some evenings and have finished three 12" blocks  out of 32 on point alternating blocks.  This is going to take a while but my evening time is usually free so I'm content to take it slow and steady.

There are very few quilt shops where I am in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.  We finally found one today and when I went inside I found that it is going out-of-business soon.  Everything is 30% off.  Wouldn't you know it, a whole store 30% off and I'm not here to think of quilting.

R

2 comments:

Tina Marie said...

Remember you can always send it here for later or for me! HEHEHE

Janet O. said...

Robin--so good to hear from you! I have been wondering about you and even thought I could email you, but didn't want to be a distraction.
That is too bad about the quilt shop temptation. Does Murphy's law cover this somehow?