Thursday, July 18, 2013

It's just not working


I brought along this hand piecing project and have 3 squares done. 
But the gold just doesn't work for me, especially with the slate blue below.
 The alternate squares are just going to be a light lakehouse fabric with a shiney dot. 
So I wondered about putting the light fabric in the joining squares.
 Then I decided it needed something that would "pop" so I chose a cheddar piece.
 I's just not working for me.  What do you think.
I went to Sew Smart in Wausau today.  They had this cute display of toy machines.  Wish I could have been able to get a better picture.  It was fun to examine.

Back to the real reason I am here.
R

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

There is more contrast with the gold than with the cheddar. Can you find a brighter cheddar?
What a fun display!
Good to hear from you. : )

Karen said...

I like the lighter look. Maybe you could find something a bit darker than your background fabric and try that.