Saturday, February 8, 2014

a little spring quilting


I thought it was appropriate to follow up on my last post with a Le Moyne barn quilt block.
Isn't it cute and so patriotic.  We see this every time we travel to Neillsville on Hwy 10 here in Wisconsin.


It's interesting how the blocks I made were mostly blue and red and this block is too.

 Small world or great minds think alike...........


I went to my favorite little quilt shop in Wausau while we were there on Thursday.  I was looking for some bright turkey reds.  There's not much out there right now.  But, I was glad they were open.



I've started a new project. 
 

It's not my usual colors and I'm kind of out of my color sense.  I love pastels but this one is a bit tricky.  A little Paris Flea Market with some Lakehouse white and floral, and then a little pastel check hmmm?


Here is the bunny that will go on the quilt along with baskets, and ducks, and some appliqued vines.  It is a  Jan Patek pattern from a long time ago.  But, she still has it at her store in a booklet called Kellys Bunnies.  I would like to make the quilt on the cover with the 12" bunny too.  But, one thing at a time. 

It doesn't look like much yet but it will come together better as I go on. 

Are quilting on anything for spring?

R

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

What a cute bunny quilt that will be, Robin!
I'm still working on my "Fall" quilt from last year. Maybe I will get to make something for Spring this coming Fall! : )

audrey said...

Very springy! Your fabrics look wonderful together.:)