Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Lynn Birthday Quilt Club 1939


I appliqued the top panel and got the handle on the yellow basket.  I'm now figuring out the vine that winds up from the yellow basket and twists up near the cat.  It's a new color scheme for me. And there's not enough contrast but I think it's coming together.


A quilting friend I've met since coming to Wisconsin shared her grandmother's quilt with me.  It is  made from a block exchange and called the Lynn Birthday Quilt Club.  Lynn is a tiny place between Chili and Granton I think.   






Lydia is my friends grandmother.  I love the way the embroidered names are double lined.


My friend found out that the quilt is in this book "A collection of Favorite Quilts" by Judy Florence and was able to find a used copy on Amazon.


The blue that is used in this quilt is brighter than the usual 30's blue.  It kind of electric and very dynamic.

Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Your Easter project is really coming along, Robin. The colors are soft and Spring-like. Doesn't need more contrast.
That is a beautiful old quilt. Looks like it has been well preserved. Cool that she found it in a book and was able to get a copy!