Friday, February 14, 2014

Merrily we go along, go along, go along


Just thought I'd show you that I AM actually making progress on this quilt.  It's going to be so lovely when it's done but after working on the quilting for almost 9 mos. it feels like a never-ending project.  I've been pushing myself to quilt during my viewing of the Olympics in the evenings and so it's progressing ~  I'm on block #28 of 32.  Then I will quilt the setting triangles but they will go fast because they are already marked and I won't have any seams to quilt over.


 
I've made a little progress on this project.  I used the fabric I already had so parts of it are a bit unusual.  I will be using the same purple for the inner border and I'm not sure what the larger outside border will be.  There will also be vines and flowers weaving up from the yellow basket (handle to be put on soon), a big flower coming out of the purple basket, and more ducks and a cat up above. I worked on it yesterday while it snowed.
 
We are going to be moving to Milwaukee for a little while.  The bad news is that I will miss the people I've made friends with here and the barns everywhere.  The good news is that I might actually have a REAL quilt shop close by.
 
Thanks for checkin' in~
Robin




1 comment:

Janet O. said...

You are making great progress, considering what else you have going on!
I hope your move goes smoothly and that you love your new area!