Tuesday, April 15, 2014

I finished my Apple Pie Ridge Star block

 
I finally finished my Apple Pie Ridge Star 9 1/2" block.
 
 


I saw the Apple pie ridge star block for the first time Here on the Quaker Quilt Blog.  I was fascinated by it and wondered why there was only one block done in each Baltimore Album-type quilt.  So I drafted a pattern and got busy.

Now after sewing one I understand.  It was quite tricky.





I want to surround it and have made sixteen 3" churn dash blocks but I need to add a small border to make the block the right size.  I can't decide if I like the cheddar or the purple better.

I also need to make 4 more little blocks - sigh~


I saw this little pattern on  Posie gets cozy byAlicia.  I decided I wanted to make one and so I ordered the pattern.  I've been working on it in the evenings and it's been fun.  I need to trim the whiskers and make her dress. 


The kit comes compete with the felt for the rabbit's body and shoes, embroidery floss, fabric for dress (Liberty of London) and yarn for the cape.  It's a little larger than I thought at 18" from ear tip to feet.

It's been fun to have a little hand sewing project.

We had snow all day today here in Wisconsin.  But, the grass is turning green and trees are budding out.  I hope those in flood watch areas will be safe.

Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Wow, that is quite a block! I wouldn't even attempt one! Good job, Robin!
I love cheddar, but I don't know if it is the right fit here, at least IMHO.
Very cute bunny--what a happy project for Spring. : )
Oh, wow--you are still getting snowed on? Is it sticking or does it melt off quickly? We had some heavy snow a couple of weeks ago, but it melted right away, thankfully!