Sunday, April 27, 2014

Quilting through traveling


We recently had to go install some things in the cars in Northern Wisconsin and the upper peninsula of Michigan.  We traveled through Shawano (pronounced in two syllables) and it was dotted with Barn Quilt blocks around every turn.  It was absolutely delightful.


I included this picture because it makes me laugh out loud.  I was having to take the pictures from the car going at 55 - 65 mph because my husband was in a hurry.  Where did that pole come from and one second later on the shutter and it wouldn't be there.  Too funny!


This one was my favorite.  Too bad I didn't have time for a close-up.


 These next four are from sheds right next to each other.





Too bad I couldn't get a close-up of this one.  It's quite technical.


This one was in downtown Shawano.


This bridal bouquet block makes me think of a turkey tail in these colors.  Anyone want to give it a try?






That's all for now.  I'll save the rest for another post.

I don't have much time for quilting right now so I am enjoying my craft any way I can.  Right now I'll have to be content with the efforts of others.  Keep posting.

Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

So many fun barn quilts, Robin! When you get home you will need a scrapbook just for your photos of those! : )