Sunday, May 18, 2014

More and more


We went to Shawano County again.  We took a car up to a dealership and needed to be in Green Bay the next day.  So, Wednesday we left the office early because the computers were down and there was nothing to do, and we drove to Blondel.



We took a different road than we had before and were able to see many new barn blocks at every turn almost.





This block was hard to get a picture of because it was right next to a busy road in the middle of town.  I had to take the picture out of the window as we drove by.  It didn't turn out too badly except for the fence - sigh.


This was a unique block for two reasons.  One is it's a horse which you don't see many of in dairy country.


And two, because it was actually a horse farm not a dairy.








 These two blocks show a problem all too many beginning quiltmakers have and that is a lack of contrast.  Pretty blocks though, I like the churndash hidden in the one below.



Isn't this one sweet?  I have thought about making a quilt with some of these quilt blocks on it as a memento of our mission but I think this block would be hard to replicate in a 12" size.





I should have taken a picture of the whole building with this Laney block.  But I was so excited to find the name of one of my granddaughters above it that all I could think off was getting a close-up.  It was on a metal building of a business establishment.



Hope you enjoyed some more of Shawano County, Wisconsin.

Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Wow, I can't believe how many barn quilts you have spotted. I think you could pull off that barn in a 12" block. I'm finding out you can reduce practically anything as small as you want. : )
I missed seeing you at HMQS this year.