Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Here we go. . .


My version of "Birds of a Feather" by Blackbird Designs.  I call it CHIRP after a nickname I had years ago because my name is Robin. It has a prairie point border (any tips on how to keep the points from wrinkling up in the wash?)


Here are a few individual pictures with a better view of the quilting.  I apologize for some that are a bit blurry.  It's hard to get a good picture at 7:30 am inside on a rainy day.





The tall block on the right has my initials at the top and the year at the bottom.


These pictures show the border a little better.   It is only 62" X 75", a small quilt for me but, it took 3 months and more to quilt it all.  There are a lot of stitches, pricked fingers, callouses, and eye strain in this quilty item.


It feels good to have it done and hanging.  One regret is that the bottom third of the quilt is hidden behind the couch.  I may have to rearrange the living room.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!  It's finished (see previous post).

Robin

8 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Well, it may have taken you longer than you had thought, but it was certainly worth the wait! Thanks for sharing.

Kyle said...

Just popped over from Karen's blog, Log Cabin Quilter and got to see your wonderful finish. Beautiful applique and fabrics. I've done several BlackbirdDesigns patterns too and love everything they design. Your quilt is lovely. Hope you have a special spot to display it.

Janet O. said...

What a beauty, Robin!
Must feel really good to see that hanging and know you did it. I am impressed!

conny's quilts said...

Wonderful, what a beuatiful quilt you made!

Every Stitch said...

A lovely finish! and congratulations on all the hand quilting - it makes such a difference :)

Debra @ Life is a Stitch said...

What a wonderful finish!!! I love your quilting, too!

Karen said...

Beautiful quilt. I only ever made one block from this pattern and turned it into a wall hanging. Still would like to make the whole design.

Beverly said...

I just found your blog this week and when reading older posts I see that you have had problems with hand quilting and have to limit your time doing that. I had that problem also and found The Thimble Lady thimble and her technique and have not had any problems with hand quilting since I started doing that. I would not have thought it would make such a difference but it has for me. I love your quilts and don't see how you can accomplish so much in such a short amount of time. I applique mostly and am much slower than you. Thanks for your blog.