Thursday, June 25, 2015

I found more barn blocks


We went to "Quilting in the Country" in Bozeman Montanaa.  There is a darling cabin as you come up the drive and this quilt block was on it.  Too cute.



This block is on an angle on another cabin close by.


The flowers and landscaping around the cute little store are wonderful.   The peonies were in bloom in this bed with an actual sewing machine on a stand in the middle.  The ropes are to keep people away because it was their Shop Hop and so many were expected.

Everything except the kits were 40% off.  I bought a number of Barbara Brackman pieces that I missed out on when we were serving in Wisconsin..


We later went to the Historical society where they had quilts on display.  The cheddar 9-patch is on an old fire engine.

The local quilt group combined their talents and made this historical quilt in the 70's.  It has cabins, buffalo/bison, covered wagons, fishing, tee pees, local birds & flowers, and geysers as Bozeman is only about 45 miles north of Yellowstone National Park.


This quilt is kind of a mystery to me.  I think it is made out of tobacco wrappers.  But I've just seen the satin ones and this is all flannel.


This huge fellow was just walking along the side of the road.  Such an unusual looking beast with his heavy head, swathed shoulders, and bare rump.


DH went fishing out on the lake.  He didn't catch a thing all day which was rather discouraging but my cousin and son each caught a rather large lake trout.  Good eating.

Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Looks like a very fun shop. Wish I had a good reason for us to head up to Montana (besides me wanting to visit a cute quilt shop).
Are they participating in the Row by Row hop?