Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Summer is here!!!


Here is my progress on the Farm Girl Vintage quilt by Lori Holt.  I wanted to make a red, white, and blue sparkler block so I made the peas and carrots block look patriotic.

I had all kinds of trouble with the pear block.  I put the white on the wrong corners of the green for leaves so I had to switch the two pears to get the leaves at the correct angle.  The instructions were okay.  I just wasn't paying attention.


I finished my Ohio Star flag and have it hung for the 4th.  I constructed the top years ago and got it basted in January. I have been quilting it at my leisure.  It's only my 2nd finish of the year.  I am so slow.


We went to Yellowstone National Park last week with my cousins.  This is a picture of Old Faithful erupting.  It was hot hot that day.


My son ordered this for dinner.  He gobbled it right down.



I was able to get a great shot of this dragonfly while we were picnicking by the side of the river.

There weren't many animal sightings but we did have a moose cross the road one car in front of us on our way to picnic.  We weren't even in the park yet.

Hope you're doing something fun.
Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Your Farm Girl Vintage is looking so fun!
I really like your Ohio Star Flag. I'm working on a couple of little patriotic quilts right now. At least I will have them for next year! : )
DH has a cousin here who raises bison for restaurants. When I walk past their pasture I appreciate the extra sturdy posts and fence they have around them!
Old Faithful would be hot right now--the last time I was there I stood way back in the trees to watch it spout.