Monday, October 19, 2015

You know I like a good Barn quilt block. . .




But, I was knocked off my feet when I saw this one in Dover, Tennesse.  I couldn't stop looking at it or taking pictures of it.  It is just breath-taking.  You can read more about it here.

There are about 90 various barn blocks on the quilt trail.  When we return to Kentucky/Tennesse I will definitely take time to go on the tour of them all.


We went to the site of the Battle of Ft. Donalson.  It was the first Union victory of the Civil War.  The Jacob's ladder blocks was on the front of the visitors center.


This is one of the four cannons pointed north on the Cumberland River.  As the Ironclads came around the bend to the right above, the cannons started firing.


I'm listening to Johnny Mathis "Until the 12th of Never" on a cool overcast Fall day.   It doesn't get much better than this.  Although the cold I caught on our trip can excuse itself at any time - ha!

Here are some pictures of the blooming things in our yard.  I had a lilac bloom once in October but a Hibiscus?



I love how the birch leaves make the change to autumn attire.




I'm quilting on my Country Paths top.  It going along quickly which is good because I need it for my demonstration on "Big Stitch"on Thursday night.  I'll probably have the quilting done but not the binding. Good enough I guess. . .
Robin

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Wow--that is an amazing "barn quilt"!
Looks like a wonderful trip (minus the cold).
I've never had anything bloom in October. Gorgeous late flowers. Don't know if I have noticed my birch tree change colors like that. It is too far from the house--I don't pass by it much this time of year. I'll have to go look. : )
Hope you feel better soon!

audrey said...

Very detailed for a barn quilt! Really incredible work.:)