Monday, December 28, 2015

A little quilty - a little yummy



I'm sure this is a familiar picture about now.  I finished clue #4 today and hopefully will have time to do #5 tomorrow afternoon.  I think I'm on the home stretch.

I'm anxious to see how it will turn out and I'm ready to continue on with my other projects.  It has been fun.



I made Carmelized Butter Tarts today from this recipe.  It needs some tweaking.  My husband says more crust and less filling.  I say too much butter.  If you like raisin filled cookies (which I do) then you will really like this. The crust has butter, eggs, vanilla, and lemon zest in it so it's very flavorful.  The recipe makes 18 tarts.  I don't know what I was thinking - there are only two of us to eat them!

This is the first time I have made a recipe where I weighed everything instead of just using measuring cups.   It called for 4 oz. of egg.

The filling is especially good so when I make it again I'll probably just put vanilla and lemon zest in my regular (tried & true) pie filling recipe and use the yummy filling recipe.



The sky was bright and clear Saturday when I took this picture but we now have over a week of inversion status.  Makes me not want to go outside at all.  That and the 20 degree weather . . .
Robin

2 comments:

Janet O. said...

Kind of nippy out, isn't it?
I hope we get another storm soon to clear out the inversion. It has been so nice not to worry about it through most of December.
Congrats for keeping up on the mystery. Looking good.

Jennie in GA said...

Looks like you have made progress since this post if you are joining rows!!! The scenery is gorgeous. We have had days and days of rain here in the South, but had sunshine and temps in low 60s today.