Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I have been sick for over a week but that doesn't stop Christmas from coming


I've been working on Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt called Alletare.  This is clue # 2 and I'm well into #4.  I've enjoyed working on it, little stress during a busy time of year.


The gray yardage I chose to use throughout the quilt even has the word mysterious written on it although I don't know what language it is.


I finally finished decorating.  It seemed like my new tree just didn't have enough ornaments on it. I couldn't stop looking for more decorations.  Then I counted how many ornaments I used for the display on my hutch (27) and decided maybe I should use a different arrangement next year.


A home in our area had an open house with all their naivity sets on display.  I saw this clever nativity.  They took pictures of everyone all dressed up and then mounted the pictures on wood.  I need to try this!


I also loved this carved Tagua nut nativity made in China.  I really wanted to hold the donkey or the camel but I refrained - drat!





We have had snow storm after snow storm.  The weird part is that it melts in between storms.  We have another big one expected Christmas day.  The poor birds are already scavenging for food.


We had a family Christmas party last weekend.  My granddaughter whom I haven't seen for about 4 years was able to come and spend a week with us.  Here is Uncle Nate giving her a mouthful of whipped cream.




I tried to insert a video of three of my children, who like to get together and play their instruments every Christmas.  The sweet part is that my grandson promptly got out his chimes and played along with them.  He acted as if it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. What a cutey.

Christmas is about family.  I hope you and your family can gather together and share the joy of Christmas this year.  For us, all of our celebration will be beforehand.  This will be the first time since our first Christmas together in 1973 that we won't have children spending the night and waking up to see what Santa has brought.  We're starting a new era.
Robin

No comments: