This is the completed left panel from the Roseville Album Quilt by Kim Mclean. It is done except for all the circles that can be seen in a picture of the pattern below. I decided to wait and see what pieces I had left over before I start cutting all those circles. Looking closely today I noticed they were all pink. Something to consider.
I glad I chose to do the panel first instead of starting with a block. First, now I have the equivalent of 3 blocks done and second, I learned a lot about fussy cutting that will help me throughout the rest of the quilt. I've never sewn with these bright fabrics before and there is so much potential for playfulness and movement.
It's quite an adjustment from the repros I normally sew on.
Some of the fabrics I chose really shine in this panel and others are kind of ho-hum. But, someone has to sing bass in the choir so the harmony rings true. I learned a lot.
This is a picture from the cover of the pattern. I decided to work on the block on the lower right next. It looks tricky and I'd just as soon get it out of the way with all those tiny flowers. But, if you look closely at the pattern below you'll notice that the flowers are the least of my worries.
LOOK at all those wavy lines on the sides of the spikes! YIKES!
I worked on the spike on the far right this morning. I was glad I had fresh eyes.
Changing the subject. . . . . last week Karen from Log Cabin Quilter and I were texting back and forth about grandchildren. They're the best!
Well, they did it Karen, they announced grandchild #13 yesterday!!!
It was a joyous Mother's Day.