Saturday, February 17, 2018

Roseville Quilt Progress

Top panel on it's side. Right border just finished.


I just finished the "Birds of Paradise" panel on the right for the Roseville Album Quilt by Kim McLean.  It was a delight to work on.  That pink wing right in the middle no longer shouts out "Look at me" like it did before I put more bright colors to work.  The orange eggs in the nest are much prettier in person.  I had to do the cat twice because the first one (yellow) just didn't play well with the rest in that area.

I just noticed I haven't put the doorknob on the door of the left panel.



Here is a composite of the 3 blocks and all four panels that I have finished.  It makes for a pretty bright design wall, I'll tell you!




I need to leave Roseville for a while and concentrate on the quilt above.  It's been on the frames since December and despite the neglect, I'm almost 1/2 done.  It's a pleasure to stitch something so pretty and the wool batting makes the needle glide almost effortlessly.

I am linking up to Small Quilts and Doll Quilts DESIGN WALL MONDAY, go check them out.

We're expecting a big storm tomorrow and Monday.  (We've got 5 1/2 " so far - 7:15 am)
I'm so excited !
Robin
(Who knew I'd make a quilt with four cats on it?  I'm not even a cat person)

11 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Wowed maybe I should dig mine back out. Very pretty.

Karen said...

Is the Roseville quilt meant to be for your own use? I marvel at all the fabrics you have used. The quilt top will be a finish before you know it.

Sarah said...

Beautiful, stunning project!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Such beautiful work! I love seeing all the panels and blocks together. I need to get a design wall so I can join in the design wall fun! Your quilting is gorgeous too and look forward to seeing the whole quilt.

Julie said...

I love your Roseville. It's stunning and I look forward to seeing more progress! I love it!

Marti said...

That is an incredible quilt! I hope you enter that in a quilt show when you are done; it's a showpiece.

Nancy said...

Wow, your Roseville pieces are just gorgeous, Robin! There's so much detail to look at and the colors and patterns are so rich and bright! Joyful, really. The quilt you're hand quilting looks beautiful, too.

Suzanne said...

Your projects are spectacular, especially the Roseville panels.

audrey said...

Your hand work is amazing! I can only imagine the fun you have working on such lovely fabrics.:)

Kate said...

Those applique panels are gorgeous!

Julie said...

This is fabulous! So often applique gets so dark and serious, but I'm enchanted with your bright and cheerful palette. Please don't leave it too long! Keep it coming.

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...