Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Close to being done



GOOD NEWS!  I only have 4 more flying geese strips and 3 more setting triangles to hand quilt.

It takes an hour to do one strip.  And, as much as I love the fabric in the quilt, I've really disliked the monotonous straight quilting in the squares.  So, I don't quilt on it as often as I should. 




I've been busy prepping the four corner blocks for the Roseville Album quilt.  I need something to stitch in the car.  I finished the upper right block except for the placement of circles.  This block goes really fast compared to the other more complicated basket blocks and panels.



I have one more basket block and the other three corner blocks and then I can have a life again.  I'll still do the border but that won't be as intense.


Classic Crib Quilts and How to Make Them (Dover Quilting) by [Woodard, Thos. K., Greenstein, Blanche]



Barbara Brackman's blog today was about this little book and one specific block with tulips and princess feathers.  I love tulips in anything.  I didn't realize it till this spring.  I've admired things made with tulips for years (tulips are just a happy flower) but, for some reason, it never occurred to me to incorporate them in a quilt.  (Probably because I'm in UFO mode and making something with tulips would mean starting something new. ) 

This book is available at Amazon

I'm sorely tempted by this BOM by Edyta Sitar at fatquatershop.com

Appliqued Sew in Love Block of the Month ReservationEdyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts for Andover Fabrics

I love the colors and LOOK there's tulips!

I've been thinking about what I want to do after the hand quilting and applique are done.  Part of me wants to start a new quilting project and the other part wants to do something different.  
We''ll see - no pressure to decide yet. . .
Robin

5 comments:

Nancy said...

The first photograph caught my eye, particularly because of the Flying Geese. I know you've posted about this quilt before but at that time I hadn't made many Flying Geese. Now that I've made more, I'm in awe of all these geese, Robin. I've found that FG are not blocks that you can easily fudge. Yours look fabulous. I agree that quilting straight lines can be boring. The only things that get me through are that I'll have a finished quilt and that I'll get to begin quilting a different one.

Your Roseville blocks are beautiful. As I was looking at the small photo I thought the shapes between the leaves looked a little unusual. Not quite flowers but I couldn't see what they could be. Then I enlarged the photo and it all made sense. This will be such a bright, colorful quilt. Beautiful.

I responded to your comment on my blog at the blog post. I'm not sure what to do about Blogger not forwarding comments to email in regards to responding to comments on my blog. For my own comments, I'll leave my email address. It's ndmessier @ aol.com.

Karen said...

The flying geese fabrics pick up the colors from the floral print very well. Pretty.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Super close! :) wonderful !

Chookyblue...... said...

Your quilting will come to an end....... Keep stitching away.......always exciting to start thinking about a new project.....

Binsa said...

Gorgeous Robin...good to catch up with you again via your posts

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...