Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Same old same old



But, at least I'm getting things done.  I finished the fruit basket block  And now it's on to the next one.




I've been waiting to use this purple flower fabric ever since I started the quilt.  Finally I found a place so I could use it.  This is going to be a fun block to do (except for more reverse applique).  The flower on the left has one stripe down the middle and two stripes on the side of reverse applique - sigh.



 I'm still working on this quilt in the hoop.  You can see the masking tape where I am quilting a straight line.  Just two more center squares and then it's the outside setting triangles.




And now the last pictures of my wisteria.  It really put on a show!!







This is the upper portion to the left in the first picture.  Too beautiful for words. . . . .

Robin

8 comments:

Nancy said...

You say "same old, same old" but it looks new and fresh to me. I love the fruit basket block and especially the fabric you used for the basket. It's amazing to look at these blocks together, the fineness of the applique, the choice of fabrics and colors, and the precision. They look so joyful!

You're so close to finishing the quilting on the center blocks. I love the simplicity of the pattern.

You wisteria blossomed so quickly. It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Same old, same old, but good same old, same old.

Julie said...

I'm nodding to the other comments. Old to you perhaps, but stunning to me. All of it! How I love all these quilt blocks!!

Julierose said...

I totally agree with other commentors--it's definitely not same old at all--just beautiful--brilliant choice of colors hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

Wow...it's beautiful. Hugs

Wendy Caton Reed said...

I wish my same old same old looked like yours! Beautiful work!

Janet O. said...

I get a thrill any time you post your work on this quilt. It is such a masterpiece!
You are making such beautiful fabric selections, and your work is beautiful.
Besides all of that, I can't fathom how you have time to hand quilt anything!?!
That Wisteria is so soft looking and beautiful. I'll have to see if DH's cousin can give me another start, and I will try again. :)

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Beautiful same old! And that wisteria is breathtaking!

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...