Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Ahhhhhhh!

I have completed all the applique for my Rejoice quilt from the pattern "The Roseville Album Quilt" by Kim Mclean.  It still needs a border but for right now I'm just basking in the euphoria of having the center complete.





I love the brightness of the fabrics but I have to admit I don't like working on them as much as I enjoy working with fabric that is more subdued like Jan Patek or Jo Morton or CW reproductions.

When I finished the applique, I boxed up all the leftover fabric to give to a friend, folded the quilt top rightside inside, hung it in the closet, and was finally able to relax.  Silly I know but, after all that work I was just ready to be done.

Hope it's not too hot where you are and that you aren't in any fire danger.
Robin


9 comments:

julieQ said...

What an amazing finish...simply gorgeous! BRAVO!!!

Nancy said...

Ahh, Robin, what a marvel! I was thinking this morning how skillful one must be to create detailed appliqued quilts like this one that require careful placement and great attention to color and the cutting of fabric for symmetry, balance, and unity in the finished blocks and quilt, and how skillful one must be. You must be so pleased. I know the feeling of "being done." Sometimes enough is enough and our brains and hands need a break from a creative work. Thinking down the road (if you have, or maybe it's too soon), will you hand quilt this, machine quilt it yourself, or send it to someone else to machine quilt it? It's just delightful!

Marie said...

OMG, it is just gorgeous! Good for you.

Janet O. said...

An absolute stunner, Robin! What an heirloom this is already. Is it something the kids will fight over? :)

Chookyblue...... said...

Love it.... Looks great..... Lots of work in this one......

Ann said...

It is hard to work out of our color comfort zone but this is such a lovely quilt. What will you use for the borders since you've given all the leftovers away? No applique there?

Cathy said...

Robin your quilt is so beautiful. It takes my breath away. Hugs

Kaja said...

Wow! I have to tell you, it that was mine I'd be basking for a mighty long time.:-)

audrey said...

What a great completion! So much work and effort! Good job on getting to this point. Just beautiful.:)

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...