Saturday, December 22, 2018

Find the needle without getting stuck!

I was in my waking up state where I turn over a number of times before I look at the clock to see what time it is.  It's always dark when I wake up so I never know if I'm just changing positions or if it's really time to get up.

Early Monday morning I was laying on my back.  I pushed my left hand under my hip because I was close to the edge.

Gasp!  I felt the metal shaft of a pin. 

I carefully grabbed hold of it and pulled it out from under me.  As I pulled, I felt thread glide under my backside.   

IT WAS A NEEDLE!!!

I had been sewing on a binding in a chair by the side of the bed before I turned out the light at bedtime.

The good news is that in my tossing and turning all night long, I wasn't pricked.  (Although I did tie a great knot in the thread).

The other good news is that when I was ready to sew the binding - I didn't have to search for the needle.

I'm sure you all have an experience with finding a needle the uncomfortable way.  I really lucked out this time.

Here is are cartoon  about needles.

Robin


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Oh, wow--I have never found one in my bed before. Glad there was not a wound involved!
Cute cartoon. :)

dq said...

What an uncomfortable story. I am glad you were not badly injured.

Nancy said...

Oh, ouch! What a surprise. When you said thread was attached I was concerned that the needle had gone through one side of your hand and out the other with the thread trailing behind. Glad that wasn't so! I usually quilt on a couch in our family room and often stick the needle in the edge of the couch below the arm rest where no one can sit. But I know I'll get poked one of these days. So glad you weren't hurt, Robin. What a funny cartoon. I always wondered about the conversations between needles....

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...