Sunday, December 30, 2018

Only four finishes in 2018

I was totaling up my finishes for 2018 and there were only four.  That was pretty discouraging. 

 But then, I remembered that the quilt on my bed (the one that has the wool batting) took me over 5 months to complete the hand quilting.  That's almost half of the year.

The Chintz Quilt

 It was well worth it.  I love that quilt. 


Rejoice Quilt
And then I did all that applique on the Roseville project.





and pieced the Land of Liberty Quilt.  I don't have a lot of finishes but I certainly don't regret the progress on the other quilts.  


I also got 4 more UFOs to the quilt top stage.

Zip a dee doo dah


Baraboo

Chicken in a Basket

Midwinter Eve

I am on the last section of quilting for this one.  I'll be done by the end of the week.  It was almost a finish for 2018.

The other three finishes besides the Chintz quilt I started with are;
1.  The Slap dash quilt




2.   Be Mine by Cheri Payne




and
3.  The Farm Girl Vintage quilt which I call Grandma's Kitchen. 




 I guess I never took a picture of it because there is not one to be found.  (I finally found this picture when I had just completed the top and before I put borders on it)


It's been a good year~
Robin

12 comments:

Andra Gayle said...

It looks to me like you have done a remarkable amount of work this year! Way to go! And it is all beautiful too!

Debbie said...

Your finishes are amazing! I love, love, love your chintz quilt. AND you hand quilted it. That is something I just don't have the time for. I can tell you really like hand work and are very skilled at it. Such challenges you have undertaken! Hope your new year is as fruitful as this year.

audrey said...

So much work in your Chintz quilt and your Rejoice quilt especially! That counts for a lot! Thanks so much for sharing these all in one place. Lovely work!!

Rose Marie said...

I think you did really well and love all those finishes and projects. There is a lot of work in each project and hand quilting .... heck, yes, that quilt indeed took a big chunk out of the year. Yes, be proud of what you accomplished.

Miaismine said...

Sweetie, you did well! Especially with the hand quilting! Such a beautiful quilt! Congratulations!

Janet O. said...

Considering all of that intricate applique, and your hand quilting, I'd say you had a very productive year!

Kathy S. said...

Love the quilting texture on this quilt. Beautiful.

Sarah said...

My goodness they are all such beautiful quilts. Happy New Year

Nancy said...

Wow, I think you've accomplished a lot, Robin! You have such a variety of styles. I still love Baraboo! And your slap dash quilt looks like an inventive way to use strings. Is that how you made it and did you have a pattern, or did you create your own? Rejoice is amazing. What a lot of detail! I didn't realize you quilted on a frame.... I'm not sure I could do it. Beautiful work, great finishes, Robin.

Kleine Vingers said...


What a lot of beautiful quilts. Thank you for commenting on my blog

الرحمه للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
الرحمه للتنظيف said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...