Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Just a little groggy~

Sometimes sleep is so elusive.  Tuesdays always finds me waking up numerous times during the night because I have to get up early and my body wants to make sure I don't sleep in.  Not only do I not sleep in but I don't sleep.  Frustrating to say the least.




At least today I'll have some extra time to work on my hand quilting before I have to leave.  I'm using the baptist fan template from Barb Vedder's Etsy store for the background of the applique.  I didn't want to do a grid again and this is fun to do.




This is a picture of the side border.  Progress is slow but anything worthwhile takes time.

Hope you're all sleeping while I write this and will enjoy a peaceful day when you wake up refreshed.

Robin

7 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your quilt. Great choice of quilting design. Hugs

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Your quilting is so beautiful! Sorry about the restless sleep. Wish we could just take a pile to quiet our minds at night, but still wake up refreshed!

audrey said...

I'm the same way with sleep issues. The more I need sleep, the harder it is to get the correct amount! Love your stitching. Really nice job with it.:)

Sandy said...

There must have been something in the air last night. My husband and I both got a lousy sleep.
Your quilting is lovely, and so is your quilt!

Janet O. said...

We should host a middle-of-the-night quilt club. I would often be there, too.
This quilting looks so pretty. I have Barb's stencil--now I need to use it!

Karen said...

I have done Baptist Fan quilting many times. I like the curve of the design and find it easy to do. Good choice for your piece. Those are Jan Patek fabrics aren't they?

Nancy said...

I'm just like you, Robin, hardly sleeping when I know I have to get up by a specific time that's earlier than usual. It makes for some rough mornings.

Your quilting is just gorgeous -- perfect, in fact!

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...