about getting ready everyday that drives me crazy!!!
It has got to be the most mind numbing thing I do all day.
And that is . . .blow drying my hair.
It's not like I could listen to the radio or stare at the TV because I can't hear anything over the noise of the motor in the dryer. I can't read a book or a magazine because I would constantly be interrupted by checking where to aim the blower next.
I know I'm being nit-picky but those 2-4 minutes every time I wash my hair literally make me crazy.
Sorry about the rant~
Those of you with differing opinions are the lucky ones.
I finished the blocks for the birds in the air quilt. I need to come up with another name for this. It is made out of the shirts of my 22 yr. old nephew who passed away last June. His mother asked me if I would make a quilt for her.
I cut out 2 1/2" squares for one of the borders. I accidentally cut out 240 square which was twice as many as I really needed. I have a habit of doing this and cutting out twice as much binding as I need. I've got to figure out a way to stop the duplicity -ha! I do check twice and sometimes 3 times but it's a flaw in my math skills I guess.
I put on the first inner border using a dark blue print by Kansas Troubles.
Then I sewed on half the a fore mentioned 2 1/2" square strip and another dark print border. I don't normally work with plaids. And I have to mention that I didn't really enjoy sewing this quilt top together. But the plaids just SPARKLE in this quilt. Maybe it's the block I chose to do. They turned out so pretty.
I also hastily pieced a doll quilt from the leftover blocks and some of the leftover strip. I'm going to quickly machine quilt it and then it will be ready for the next doll that comes over. My granddaughters are more into stuffed animals and Barbie so it could be a while...............
These are the reds that I've picked out for the new Bonnie Hunter mystery. They show up much brighter than they really are but I love them. I 've decided I'm not putting anything in this quilt that I don't absolutely love. I have a number of uglyish golds so it's going to be a challenge. I have a French General piece that is mostly grey/beige with a red flower that I thought I might use instead of scrappy neutrals. Still thinking about that.
In the meantime, looks at this absolutely gorgeous daffodil that thought it was spring and bloomed. I have five clusters but this one is the biggest. I had my DH cut them and bring them in because of the hard freeze last night. I really think it must be a lily the way it perfumes the whole room. It could be a bride's bouquet all by it'self.
Such a pretty day to spend in my sun-filled sewing room. I better get down there before the day leaves me behind.
Hawaiian print quilt top is my daughter's project Here is a look at "Quilting Central" down in my basement. Finishing up UFOs...
After reading Barbara Brackman's post yesterday I was a little sad. I knew the ever expanding quilt industry wouldn't last...
Years ago when the Florence Peto quilts first became the rage, my friend Marlena and I decided to do a block exchange and make our own v...
I didn't think it would be so hard to figure out what color to use for the cornerstones in this quilt. I've never had this much tro...