I updated the blog from my quilt group "Bound Together" from our January meeting if you want to go check it out.
I put the corner diamonds on the 1st block and finished the 2nd block from the 1857 quilt. I think I reversed the pattern for the 2nd block but it really doesn't matter. I hope I can last with this quilt. I still have one more block to finish for January and last Monday four more blocks were introduced for February. I don't like to get behind so I'm feeling the self-imposed pressure.
I finished Billy's quilt here but as I was finishing the quilting I found a hole smack dab in the middle of one of the white triangles.
I would have understood finding a hole on one of the plaid pieces because they were from Billy's shirts. But to find a hold on a new piece of fabric was rather annoying.
I unpicked the quilting and then the stitching, replaced the triangle, and sewed it back in using small applique stitches. Then I re-quilted around it. It looks great. The quilt is all bound, labeled, and ready for Billy's family.
I made one of these quilts from Cherie Soffe Paine's (I know I'm spelling her name wrong) blog from last year. Actually I made it last year. I did the embroidery a few weeks ago. Maybe next Valentine's Day I'll finally quilt it. Above is a picture of Cherie's original version.
I put Welsh Quilt Study II on the floor hoop ready for intense quilting.
And I put the nosegay quilt on the big frames. I can now quilt upstairs or downstairs depending on my whim.
I finished the 1st block of Sleigh Bells by Jan Patek.
The steeple is quite slanted - I wonder if it will "quilt out" ha!
After reading Barbara Brackman's post yesterday I was a little sad. I knew the ever expanding quilt industry wouldn't last...
This is a true beginners project. When I made this (obviously using scraps) I had no idea about matching corners, or trimming threads, or...
This is the completed left panel from the Roseville Album Quilt by Kim Mclean. It is done except for all the circles that can be seen i...