Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Fabulous project!!!

I just found  a project at the Piece O' Cake blog.  It is Becky Goldsmith's journey in making her Kauai Road piece.  I don't have permission to use a picture of it but go to the June 18th post and scroll down to see her creation process.  I can hardly wait to start a project like this.

She took a photo that she wanted to make into a quilt.  She enlarged it and traced it to clear vinyl.  Then put pieces up on her design wall with the overlay close by.  She just trimmed, folded, and pinned till she got the pieces the right size.

She carefully took it off her design wall, has basted the shapes into place, and is now hand stitching the background.

I just love the whole concept.


Maybe one of these pictures could be made into cloth.



Isn't this sky great?  It has so much potential.


And this picture for fall.  Maybe each pumpkin could be made out of a different orange fabric.

The possibilities are endless!!!

Does anybody know where I can find some extra time?

Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Sounds like you have really been inspired, Robin. I need to go check out this process and see what has you so excited.
Those are all great photos, BTW. : )

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...