You know how you plan a quilt
with certain fabric in mind
and a fun pattern.
And then you push ahead only to find out what you had visualized in your mind wasn't the way the quilt wanted to be made?
I planned on making this nine-patch pinwheel quilt top using American Jane "Potluck" line. I loved the shaded alternate blocks and especially the zigzag border. Lovely, lovely.
So I faithfully made 64 blocks (which took forever!!!) and started cutting out Kona Snow for the alternate blocks - NO! It stopped me in my tracks because it was so wrong.
I searched my stash and came up with a darling conversational print from years ago. But. . . I couldn't cut it for the alternate blocks on point or it would be sideways. If I cut it out so it was upright - all the seams would be bias.
I decided to use a straight set (above). That would mean a different configuration so I began picking blocks apart. I need to sew it 12 blocks by 11 blocks to get the zigzag border placement correct.
Changing the setting means making 5 more nine-patch pinwheel blocks - gasp! I am so over making these blocks but alas. . .
I cut out 220 more pieces and began to sew.
100 half square triangles.
to be continued. . . . . . . .