Monday, July 25, 2016

Okay,

Here is what I came up with. . . .

The quilt top is all assembled,
 I finally got enough blocks by adding solid blocks of the pez fabric.  It's busy enough that unless you're looking for it - it doesn't catch your eye.

(And, once again, nothing looks good next to my pink/raspberry carpet - especially something with orange in it!)  Someday. . . . . . . .




I found some cute navy swirl fabric, ironed freezer paper on it, and cut out the letters.




Can you tell what it's going to say?  Of course, it will look much different when the white paper comes off and the letter centers are cut out.

I was trying to think of a song that my mother would sing to me when I was a child.  I came up with; "I love you a bushel and a peck", "How much is that doggy in the window?", "I'm going to buy a paperdoll that I can call my own" (Mills Brothers), "Where have you been, Billy Boy, Billy Boy?", lullabys, and another favorite, "My what a beautiful day" (the song the harp sings at the beginning of Mickey and the Bean stock).   I always loved that song.  My grandmother had old 78's of that story and my sister and I would play it as many times as we could when we visited.  We usually only got away with hearing it once but we always tried for more.

Any way, Zip a dee doo dah, Zip a dee ay" was the winner.  I had a hard time figuring out how to spell it and had to go to the original lyrics by Ray Gilbert.  The Wikipedia information is very interesting as to how Allie Wruble came up with the melody.  I may have to change the spelling, I'm not sure about copyright laws.



DIL and Son
I caught my Son and DIL sitting in my van in the garage.  They were trying to figure out my new radio which has given me much grief.  I couldn't even turn it off let alone change stations.

Thanks to them I can now turn it on and off, and four stations are pre-set so I can just listen and drive.
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you!

Applique time,
Robin

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

I think your quilt turned out very happy with all of those fun pinwheels. What a cute idea to put the words on it!
I laughed about the radio. I have a son that worked in the IT lab at the University and now I call on him to figure out all things tech related for me. Aren't car dashboards getting complicated? Drove some new models recently and thought I would never be able to figure them out.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...