Thursday, October 26, 2017

3 Marigolds



I finished quilting this little quilt.




It's easier to see the stitching in this picture.  It took longer than I wanted it too because of the quilt repair project from my previous post.  But it's done now.  I'm not sure why I decided to do regular hand stitching because it is just a wall hanging.  But, it did turn out nicely so I'm not sorry I took the time.



I quilted a number on each pot.








And three little flowers in the space between words.  I've decided to give it away to a sweet little lady in Wisconsin for Christmas.  I can't wait for her to see it.




The fall colors continue to dazzle.  These are the trees I see from my kitchen window.




And, I'm a lover of clouds  so here are a few pictures of the display yesterday.  So fascinating!





I'm  linking to the AdHoc Improve Challenge.  Go and see what other quilting innovators have done.

Robin

8 comments:

Julierose said...

I've always loved marigolds to begin with and your little quilt so perfectly expresses their cheery faces--love it great job!! Hugs, Julierose

Janet O. said...

It is a beautiful wall hanging, and your hand quilting really is a lovely finish! What a sweet gift--I'm assuming you are giving it to someone you met on your mission.
Your Fall color is beautiful.
Good to know I am not the only one that grabs my camera to capture interesting clouds. :)

Ann said...

Such a charming finish. I like how you simplified the leaves into rectangles. They match the overall feel of your quilt, too. I like the different ways we can add lettering to quilts. Thanks for linking with AHIQ. It's been fun reading about your progress over the months.

Deb from Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is adorable and I love the hand quilting !

Cathy said...

That turned out really cute. The hand quilting was the icing on the cake. Fall colors are breath taking here this year too.

Kaja said...

I think your hand quilting was the perfect finish for this lovely piece. I especially like the three little flowers between the words.

Nancy said...

I love this quilt, Robin! It's hard to tell how large the quilt is so I'm wondering how far apart the diagonal lines are? An inch, or less, or more? I like the numbers on the posts but I especially like the flowers between the letters. Your friend is sure to be thrilled with this delightful quilt!

sanpiseth40 said...

Your blog was absolutely fantastic!
Great deal of great information & this can be useful some or maybe the other way.
Keep updating your blog,anticipating to get more detailed contents.
ผลบอลพรีเมียร์ลีก

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...