Sunday, September 12, 2021

Kale block all prepped

 for machine embroidery.  I've prepped 7 of the 9 blocks so far.


It took me almost two weeks to get this block done.  It isn't because it is hard to assemble, it just takes so much time for me to make my fabric choices and color decisions.  It turned out kind of busy but it looks great with the other 6 blocks.

I'm looking forward to starting the next block which is the Pomegranate.  

This quilt is turning out to be quite a project.  But it's going to be gorgeous someday.

My new goal is to be more optimistic. After the solemn and sad memorials from 9-11 yesterday I'm ready to look up.   I'm sure there's a lot of good and pleasant things still in the world.  All I have to do is just be consciously looking for them or I'll miss out.

Robin


7 comments:

Cathy said...

I think the hardest part of making these blocks is the fabric choices. Your fabrics are perfect for this block. It is going to be a beautiful quilt. Hugs

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Looks great--nice fabric choices

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Oh it is just gorgeous! Fabric choices are the easiest thing for me. I think it is because I have TOO much fabric so if I don't like the first choice, I just make it again - wink! Your choices are perfect! And, I agree, we have to make sure to look for the good in the world and spread that good to everyone we meet! Enjoy the day!

Quilting Babcia said...

I love your fabrics for this block, so understated and elegant, reminding me of late fall, Thanksgiving maybe. I'd love to make this quilt "someday" though my applique skills are just about nil.

Kaja said...

The time taken on fabric choices is definitely paying off - this already looks gorgeous.

Janet O. said...

It is a beautiful block. Your fabric choices give it good depth and movement. This is going to be an instant heirloom quilt!

Nancy said...

Gosh, this is a beautiful block. You are on a roll with these blocks! You'll be finished in no time.

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...