Friday, July 14, 2023

Sweet little project


 I'm starting a new Christmas Quilt.  It's mostly applique and is in the planning stage right now.

I wanted to sew a little something at the machine when I'm not hand stitching so I got out my box of Jo Morton fabrics and started a new little project with square in a square blocks.  I saw this quilt in American Patchwork & Quilting February 2013 and have always wanted to make these squares that will are set on point with sashing in between.

I think I'll cut a few out at a time so I can just sit down and sew for 15 minutes, get my fix, and move on with the more pressing projects.  

It's a beautiful day out there but this weekend is supposed to be hot hot hot so instead of complaining, I'll just blissfully work on my projects -  sitting in front of a fan.

Robin

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

Can't wait to see more

Denice Barker said...

What a coincidence! I've been thinking of doing a square in a square lately, too! It's simple and timeless.

Nancy said...

That is definitely a sweet block, Robin, particularly because of the fabrics and colors (imho). Is this for Jo Morton's S'mores quilt? I've had my eye on that for a while. I always think Economy blocks will be simple but each round of triangles centered just right evades my abilities.

I hope the heat that was predicted for you was milder than they said it would be! But sewing inside is always a great way to beat the heat (if there's air conditioning).

Janet O. said...

I look forward to seeing the Christmas quilt you are starting. And that does look like a sweet little project to stitch a little at a time.
Hasn't it been beastly lately--and I know you are hotter than we have been. I go on my brisk evening walk just as the sun goes down, and often I have needed a jacket even in mid summer, but not now. I get home and hop in the shower after I've had a cold drink and stood under the ceiling fan in my sewing room for a few minutes. Even though the AC is on in the house, when I walk in it is way too hot! Good thing we have plenty to keep us indoors. :)

Not much sewing around here

The time for getting new flooring is almost here.   This is my tiny living room that no longer has that carpet on the floor.  My husband tor...