Monday, September 18, 2023

S'mores is done



This picture shows the quilt top with cloudy skies.  It doesn't really show off how pretty it is.    I like how the beige sashing brightens things up.  The original sashing in the pattern was dark gray. 



It looks so pretty here with my pie safe.  Jo Morton has a way with fabrics and colors that make all her fabrics look so pretty together.  The small quilt to the right is also one of her patterns made in Little Women 11.



The pictures above and below are taken in full sun which both washes and brightens the colors in the blocks.



I'm enjoying the September weather and slant of the sun.  Autumn is my favorite time of year because things slow down and the colors outside are so vibrant.  You can almost feel the trees breathe a sigh of relief as the temperatures decrease. 

I also even love the shorter days, it makes me feel cozy.  And, you'll think this is crazy but I love wearing sweatshirts and sweaters and jackets.  



  

Oh, and I love soup weather!!!
Robin

7 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

truly gorgeous in any light! i agree with you about jo morton...mine's in the hoop and just barely started quilting, my cool weather project

Quilting Babcia said...

I'm with you 110 percent on the sweaters, sweatshirts and blue jeans, not to mention soups, stews, chili and throw in some fresh baked bread too! Your quilt is gorgeous and I agree the light sashing highlights all the colors beautifully. Trees are just beginning to show their fall glory here, nights are near frost temperatures and its two quilts on the bed now.

Janet O. said...

What a warm and cozy look you have created with this quilt, Robin. It is what "quilt" means to me. And I agree with everything you say about fall--everything!!

Denice Barker said...

The quilt is beautiful! I'm still staring at the witch grouping on my spare bed! And I agree about autumn! My daughter once said she liked fall because we get to eat 'real' food again, Give me September's slant of the sun, a sweatshirt and socks any day.

Linda said...

LOVE your S'mores quilt, and the beige sashing is perfect!
You sparked a whole thing with me - I have saved your photo as my inspiration photo, and I even bought a book about square in a square blocks. I'm having to fight myself to keep from starting it, when I have others I need to finish.
Anyway, I love it - you did a fantastic job! I feel exactly the same about autumn, my favorite season, always has been since I was little. Yes on the sweatpants and sweatshirts and jackets, and BOOTS become my footwear of choice!

Jeanne said...

Lovely quilt! Autumn is my favorite time of year also :)

Nancy said...

Oh, wow, your S'mores looks fabulous with the light sashing. There's just something wonderful about Economy blocks, isn't there?!
I'm with you about September's weather and the sun, shorter days, and cool weather clothing. We've had quilts on the bed at night already and the occasional wool blanket too. I love fall!

Not much sewing around here

The time for getting new flooring is almost here.   This is my tiny living room that no longer has that carpet on the floor.  My husband tor...