Monday, April 30, 2018

Sweet Land of Liberty Month 4



It's time to show my progress on the Sweet Land of Liberty quilt by Cheri Payne.    So here it is. . .


I changed the 'Lady Liberty' block.  I used another pattern by Cheri Payne and reduced it's size.  I appliqued the word  "give" because the statue of Liberty always reminds me of the sonnet by Emma Lazarus called The New Colossus.

It ends with these lines;

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

I have the economy blocks done but not the flying geese.  I'll have to add those in next months update.



Interesting to be talking about this with the South Americans at our southern borders right now
seeking refuge.  They are "huddled masses yearning to breathe free"  I worry about them. . .




Last Sunday above and yesterday below.  It's almost in full bloom.  Yippee!



Robin

6 comments:

Nancy in NV-wheres the dude at blogspot said...

I like your Lady Liberty block. I changed mine too. This is such a fun quilt along. Can't wait for the next instructions.

Janet O. said...

Great Lady Liberty, Robin. It is fun to mix it up and make the quilt unique to you. Good job!
Love the Wisteria. Hubby's cousin has a bunch of them (that's where we got ours). I don't think they are blooming up here yet.

Lori said...

Super great and Cheri would be proud of us for the personalized details!!

Cathy said...

I love your Lady Liberty block. It is great how everyone is making the quilt very personal. Hugs

Nancy said...

I love your Liberty! I think she looks fabulous. And the other blocks look fabulous, too! Your Sweet Land of Liberty is going to be so wonderful

Karen said...

I like your Lady Liberty block. I watched a show last night that was sharing secrets about the Statue of Liberty. Interesting how it all came about.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...