Sunday, November 6, 2016
It was certainly worth it~
When I started the 1857 QAL - I always knew I wouldn't last making all 64 blocks. I figured I'd make 32 and then put in an alternating block.
I made a uneven 9-patch block and didn't like it at all. I made a square in a square block and it didn't do anything for the appliqued blocks so I put it into the orphan box.
I then decided to make tiny (2") shoo-fly blocks to use as sashing between all the squares. It turned out to be too busy and I lost the cute secondary pattern that is created by all the diamonds in the corners.
So when I finished 30 blocks I decided that was enough. I made 22 side fleur de lis' and 4 corner fleur de lis' to finish off the border. It measures 62" X 72".
At the beginning of the year I needed something to fill all the long waiting hours at the cannery where I volunteer. This was a perfect project. The only problem is that I have two more months at the cannery and my project is done. (As all of you know, that isn't really a problem, there is always another project waiting - ha!)
I really enjoyed participating in this QAL. Thanks to Gay Bomers at Sentimental Stitches for all her work in providing the free patterns.
I'm linking up to Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching.
Hawaiian print quilt top is my daughter's project Here is a look at "Quilting Central" down in my basement. Finishing up UFOs...
After reading Barbara Brackman's post yesterday I was a little sad. I knew the ever expanding quilt industry wouldn't last...
Years ago when the Florence Peto quilts first became the rage, my friend Marlena and I decided to do a block exchange and make our own v...
I didn't think it would be so hard to figure out what color to use for the cornerstones in this quilt. I've never had this much tro...