Wednesday, August 22, 2018

one of my UFOs bites the dust

After making my list of UFOs in my last post I was motivated to get busy and finish one of them.  I decided to pick the "Chicken in a Basket" quilt since all I needed to do was fix one of the blocks.


Something that should have taken an hour - two max, has taken me three days because I keep getting interrupted.  That's probably why it wasn't fixed years ago.

 The problem was that one of the basket blocks had a black background and if you'll notice all the basket blocks except the center one have light backgrounds.  So I unpicked the block (3rd block down on the left) and replaced it's four corners with snow fabric.  I noticed that it was next to the other basket block with a pointed handle so I had to unpick another block and switch them.  Much better~

It's kind of a quirky quilt with goofy baskets and chicken fabric but it was fun to make at the time.

It's now completely "complete" and #9 on my UFO list is done.  Now I only have 14 on the list.  (And 14 is a lot less that 15. . . )
Robin

I will be linking with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching

8 comments:

Karen said...

Your quilt should be called Egg Baskets.

Ann said...

Good for you for getting this top complete. Mixing chickens and baskets is amusing. I like Karen's name, Egg Baskets. Or even Chicken Baskets. Something along those lines.

Janet O. said...

Isn't it funny the things we can't let slide in our quilts? Two pointed handles by each other..heaven forbid! :)
It looks really fun, Robin!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Glad you got that out of your system! Yes 14 is less than 15!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

What a fun quilt. I participated in a BOM, back in 2005. I made all but one of the blocks, and have all the fabrics to finish that quilt, yet I've never gotten around to making that one block (not even a hard block). Have fun finishing your quilt.

time4stitchn said...

Love your title, "Chicken in a Basket". Very creative. I understand the frustration of thinking something should take only a short time, but becomes a major project and gets put aside. Congrats for getting over the hurdle to aim for the finish.

Debbie

Kaja said...

Well done for reducing your list - one quilt at a time you will get there.

Miaismine said...

Your quilt is really cute - like it's name! But your comment, "14 is less than 15" made me laugh out loud! :)

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...