Thursday, September 6, 2018

Sometime things have a mind of their own



This has been one of those projects that had good intentions but just didn't turn out like I saw it in my mind.

The border looks atrocious in this picture - thank goodness the color isn't accurate.

Actually it matches the yellow prints in the quilt (look at the yellow and blue block on the left) and looks much better than I had hoped.  (Big sigh of relief)

You can't tell in these pictures but the alternate block is goldfish bowl fabric and the border matches the goldfish perfectly.

Regardless, #2 has it's border and so I'm down to 13 UFOs.

Robin



And also, while I've been rummaging through my UFOs I found a finished quilt top  that I no longer liked the border I had sewn on it.  So, I took off the offending part and fixed it.  I like it much better now.  It wasn't on the UFO list but it done (again).

4 comments:

Janet O. said...

It is a fresh, happy looking quilt, Robin.
I never trust the colors I see on my computer monitor. I know how misleading they can be.

Frog Quilter said...

A very happy and cheerful quilt! I love it!

Ann said...

I remember when you added the words on this quilt. What fun. The colors hardly ever come out correctly on the computer but it's still frustrating when it's your own work and you know what it should look like. Congrats on moving the UFOs.

Kaja said...

If you take 6 pictures, the colours will look different in every one, but what can you do? In the version on my screen you have a fresh, happy looking quilt. Well done for getting on with those UFOs.

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...