Saturday, February 29, 2020

What has kept me busy?

It's not the 30th because there are only 29 days in February this year but here is my end of the month progress on my Alice Jane Blue quilt.



This block shows tumbling furniture as Alice goes down the rabbit hole.


Check out the other people that are participating in the Celebrating Mary Brown SAL
Karen at Log Cabin Quilter
Jennie at Over the hill and running
Julie at Julie K quilts
Cathy at Big Lake Quilter
Nanete at Do it right quilter
Jan  (Nanette posts Jan's pictures on her blog)
Rebecca at Quilting in a Polar Bear Garden




I finished my French Quilt.  It is just such a dainty little thing.




I can use it for Christmas, Valentine's Day, and all summer long with the red, white, and blue theme.




Here are 5 blocks showing what the quilting looks like using Aurafill #12 in red and a small big stitch.




It almost looks like a crocheted/tatted edge on some of the blocks.




I used Rouenerries Deux fabric by French General, Red Grunge, and Nina's Wedding by Anna Griffin from Windham.  I used a piece of the Wedding line for the binding and an old Robin Pandolph floral for the backing.




I also finished the Swoon 16 quilt top made out of Blitzen - picture later.

Robin

10 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

I do love your French Stars quilt! The term little big stitch is just perfect for your pretty quilting. I like the look of the ditch quilting with the heavier thread.

Julierose said...

Just a lovely finish on this one;)) It does look very "French" and delicate...sort of "old fashioned" in that comforting way...beautiful work love the red dainty stitching you did hugs, Julierose

Cathy said...

I love your fabric choices for your Mary Brown block. What a beautiful finish. Your French Stars are so beautiful. Hugs

Karen said...

I have been looking forward to seeing what you would do with the Alice fabric this month on a Mary Brown block. Are you adding in fabric from other lines also?

The French General reds made such a pretty quilt. I was looking at some online last evening but did not push the button to order. Do you shop locally for your fabrics or more so online? The shops where I live do not stock much of the style fabrics I like so I tend to purchase more online. But I do purchase some local and threads, tools, etc. And machine quilting too.

Nancy said...

Oh, I really like the Alice Jane Blue block this month. Those shapes forming a circle are fabulous. Every part of it looks so perfect!
Your French Quilt is a beauty. I like the red, white, and tan and I like how some of the stars and churn dashes stand out and some are a little more wall-flowerish, almost asking us to come take a closer look. Beautiful!

Rebecca in AK said...

I always look forward to seeing what you will do with your Alice Jane Blue blocks. This one certainly didn’t disappoint. (I just prepped this block today) Your French Quilt is absolutely lovely. Congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and such great stitches! Congratulations!

Janet O. said...

Great idea to have the tumbling furniture, Robin. I like that!
Your stars quilt is beautiful. The hand quilting in red is a beautiful touch.

Kaja said...

Congratulations on your lovely finish. Little big stitching is my favourite and I especially like how your placement of the quilting lines has enhanced the blocks so cleverly.

Jennie in GA said...

Oh my, I love that French quilt. Red is my favorite color and this one is fabulous . Great job on your MB block, too!

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...