Monday, August 14, 2023

It's coming together


I finished the last of the 113 (4 1/2") blocks for the S'mores quilt this morning.  I'm working on the corner and setting triangles and have renewed my friendship with the seam ripper this morning.  Sigh~

The original quilt in the February 2013 issue of American Patchwork & Quilting has a darker gray sashing fabric which is delightful.  But, I'm trying to use of my stash of Jo Morton fabrics so I using what I have.  I think the lighter brighter fabric for the sashing will work out just fine.  

I thought I would make some great headway today but the peaches are ripe and the tomatoes are ripe.  So, I'll pause and get back to it this afternoon. . . or tomorrow.

Thanks for checkin' in,

Robin

4 comments:

cityquilter grace said...

looks great! mine is waiting to be quilted....i love her patterns and fabric!

Linda said...

I'm going to have to look for that magazine, your block is really pretty!

Janet O. said...

I am so impressed that you have your blocks all made and are working on the corners. I started three mini quilts at my pseudo-retreat over two weeks ago and since returning home had not sewn another stitch until last night. And then I only got one block made.
Love that partial blocks go all the way around the edge. That is a great look, but can also get tricky. Another thing that gets tricky is lining up sashing properly when sewing rows together when you don't have cornerstones. Looks like that is what you are doing, and you will probably do it very well. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Nancy said...

I really like your light sashing, Robin. I think it will show off the blocks beautifully.
I love economy blocks, and I'm going to try to love making them, too. Soon....

Not much sewing around here

The time for getting new flooring is almost here.   This is my tiny living room that no longer has that carpet on the floor.  My husband tor...