Sunday, October 21, 2018

What a sweet and generous gift.



I am so delighted by this gift of homemade pumpkins and Halloween treats that I received in the mail yesterday.  They are from the "Queen" of all things pumpkin, Wendy Kirby from the Quiet Room.   And here too.  She has boxes and boxes of pumpkins that she puts out on display each fall.  Go read her blog and look at her creative and wonderful decor.

I was commenting that I didn't have enough pumpkins to decorate with and that I needed to go shopping with her some time.  She replied by sending 5 pumpkins in a cute basket, chocolate, and trick or treat towels all the way from England!.  The lettering sparkles and you can see it reflect the light on the "K".




I can't quite decide where to put this little basket of autumn goodness.  Should I put it on my dining table on top of the orange tablecloth?




Should I put it on top of my piesafe so the squirrel with the skeleton mask can guard over it?  No, no, there's too much competition with the clock.




Should I put it with some other seasonal decor on my hutch.  (Can you tell my grandchildren did the decorating this year?)  No, no, there is too much clutter there.

I put it back on the table where everyone can see it as they enter the room.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Wendy.  You've certainly brightened my day!
Robin

3 comments:

Kaja said...

What a lovely collection of pumpkins. :-)

Karen said...

Nice chubby little pumpkins.

Janet O. said...

What a delightful surprise! Love those cute pumpkins, and a great basket, too.
So thoughtful of Wendy.
Good choice of location.
I really need to get out my boxes of pumpkins. LOL

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...