Monday, October 29, 2018

Playful Border

I finished getting the little outside blocks appliqued for my Fall - ish quilt.  I really have a new appreciation for all of you who did the 365 Quiltalong.  Those circles are tricky.

I sewed them on the outside of the four inner blocks.  I think they are kind of cute.


Measures 54 1/2" so far


You can read about this in a previous post if you're interested.

It needs another border or something, I'd welcome any suggestions.  But, I'm in no hurry so maybe I'll just hang it in the closet until I get some inspiration.

Robin

6 comments:

Janet O. said...

It is cute, Robin. I admire your dedication to that border. I am not one to choose to add applique to anything, but you are such a master at it!

Wendy Caton Reed said...

What a clever idea! I love the broken dishes block and to add that circle in the center is pure genius! I went through withdrawals after I finished my last Quilty 365 circle. You have inspired me to try something with my leftovers!

Karen said...

That's a unique border. Looks great.

Kaja said...

It is cute and I like it a lot!

dq said...

This quilt is super striking. I enjoyed studying it. The circles add so much!

Mary Marcotte said...

Robin, I haven't thought of the 365 circles in quite some time. I love it when I run across a gentle reminder of something I enjoyed. And yes they were tricky, but you've brought them to a whole new level!

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...