Thursday, February 21, 2019

It didn't bleed on to any of the light fabrics!

This feels like it has become a saga. . .

 I finished quilting the little quilt, from previous posts, that was rubbing red dye on the thicker seams while in storage.  I had all kinds of nightmares of getting a pink quilt out of the washer but it had to be done.




I used Dawn dish detergent and cold water.  It had a short soak and then a gentle cycle with 3 color catchers.  The quilt came out of the washer better than it went in.  The color catchers had absorbed some dye but not as much as I expected.

Success!




It is not a very big quilt.  I put it on the kitchen table to see how it would look.  Of course, I wouldn't eat on it.

 But, it's not staying here anyway now that I know it isn't stained.  Whew!  I'm glad this dilemma is over.  It was exhausting worrying about the outcome.




I've got a new quilt in the hoop so I'm on to the next project.  There are too many tops in the queue to dilly dally around - ha!




Robin

5 comments:

Holly said...

I love your quilt! Color catchers are the best. I'm a French General lover of deep rouge, and find no bleeding with her fabrics.

Janet O. said...

The quilt turned out beautifully, Robin! Great job--I'm glad you didn't have any bleeding issues.
Looks like that is a fun project you have in the hoop. :)

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Phew you must be so relieved! It is a gorgeous quilt!

Samplings from Spring Creek said...

Glad you and the quilt dodged the red bullet. Color catchers are very useful for quilters

Karen said...

Red fabrics can be a problem. I have had luck using a product like Spray and Wash for bleeding. I have read of many people using Dawn.
Your bunny quilt is adorable. I made a small bunny piece and it is awaiting some minimal quilting.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...