Tuesday, November 26, 2019

It seems like I am stitching every day but I don't have much to show for it.  If I don't get busy it will be time for the next set of Cheddarback blocks and I haven't finished this months blocks yet.

Block is unpressed


This is my second attempt at this block.  The first one turned out ghastly.  I'm not kidding.  I had to just throw it in the trash.  It is an interesting block to construct.  The border is in 12 pieces.  The pink is really too bright but it's finished and it doesn't stand out too badly with the rest.
.
I've been working on the sweet little quilt below.  I was hoping to get it done by the end of November.  I could if I worked on it more this week but with Thanksgiving festivities . . . I don't think I'm going to push it.  I made this little quilt in 2008.  It is past time to have it done and gifted.

Just simple SID with an angle through the square making an asterisk between blocks


I love hand quilting.  I am using white Aurifil #12 with little "Big Stitching".  I wish I could do it all day.  But, there just isn't time to spend it all leaning over the quilt frames.

We got our carpet cleaned this week, a regular turning the house upside down event.  Thanksgiving will be at my son and DIL's house so the only cooking I will be doing is making some stuffing.  I am going to miss the leftovers - the best part.

Here is a sneak peek of my next Alice Jane Blue block.  We don't officially post till the 30th.



Some of the ladies working on this quilt (Celebrating Mary Brown) are marathon appliquers (is that a word?) and they get so much done.  It's not a competition, it is not a competition, it is not a competition.

We were expecting about an inch of snow yesterday and we ended up with over 4 inches  (the storm's name was Dorothy - don't you love it).  Here is a picture where the warmth of the sun on the newly fallen leaf has warmed it up and made it sink into the snow.

                                                                  Kinda cool isn't it?

Well, that's all for now.  Hopefully I'll have more this weekend.

And, as a side note, have you had one of Culver's Pub Burgers?  Oh my goodnes!!!!!  Absolutely yummy!  And no longer available~
Robin

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh, Robin, I'm so sorry your first block was so bad you felt like you had to throw it away. It's frustrating to spend time on a block/quilt and have it not turn out. Was it the fabrics/colors or the way it was made? I think this block looks great. I like the pink you used and that you paired it with the green in the center and around the edge.

I had a different brown chosen for the block I made, had the triangles all stitched together and cut down to squares and decided the brown was just too dark. I liked the color better than what I used and wished I'd had a fabric with color between the two.

Your sweet little quilt really is just that. It looks so bright and cheerful.

Oh, yes, the leftovers are the best! Maybe your daughter-in-law will send some home with you?

Snow! How much did you get? We had about an inch or two early in November (after it had been 92 degrees the week before) but we've only seen flakes since then. It looks like a lot of the U.S. is getting pounded with snow just now.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Janet O. said...

Isn't it crazy how some instructions just don't seem o make a good block no matter how carefully you follow them? I made a small quilt from a very popular designer and the border just did not fit--no matter how many times I redid it. I finally designed my own.
That is a very sweet quilt in those happy fabrics.
Oh, I wish I was going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving. :) I am hosting--just 20 of us, but my house has been so neglected this year, we are turning it upside down this week to get it cleaned.
We got about 3 inches of snow and I was caught in a fender bender. That is really cool about the leaf.
We are just barely getting a Culvers--and I don't know if there will be anything there I can eat. What made the Pub burger so good?

Karen said...

The design focused in the center of your block is nice. My piecing isn't always the best any more. I think it is aging eyes.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...