Thursday, September 24, 2020

sharing a little progress




I trimmed the blocks for the lower right quadrant and pieced them together.  I can't attach them to the lower left quadrant (see previous post) yet.  I need to make Block # 12 before I can fit them together.




 

I just finished Block #10.  And now it's time for company to come so I need to put things away and clean.  I have to admit, cleaning isn't my favorite thing but, I sure do like the way everything looks when I've made an effort.

The next block (#11) will need some revamping I think.  It looks too crowded with a church and a tall narrow house on the same block.  I need to remember to simplify not complicate.

Sure looking forward to some cooler temperatures.  I think it's been 80 degrees or more since April.  Well. . . if feels like it.  It is 90 degrees today.  My husband loves it, he's out on the golf course three times a week.  (He's out there now - sigh)

Robin


6 comments:

Julierose said...

What lovely blocks:))) I really love that angel (it is, right?)
flying up high there! Beautiful applique work on this one...
I am not a fan of housework (it's NEVER done is it?)
either, but I agree it feels nice to see everything cleaned up
Hope you have a good weekend...
hugs, Julierose

Nancy said...

I'm enchanted by this quilt, Robin, and eager to see more of it with the blocks together. It has such a whimsical air about it.
I'm with you on cleaning. If I could choose one luxury it would be someone to clean my house on a regular basis.
Your Blitzen Stars is beautiful. I don't think I've seen it before.

Janet O. said...

Block #10 is a delight! I enlarged the photos to get a better look at the fabrics. What great choices. Love it!
It has been such a hot summer--I don't do heat well, either. We just spent a couple of days in Yellowstone Park where it was cold and windy with a little rain. Wonderful!! :)

audrey said...

So much work involved in these sweet blocks! Looking good.:)

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Your appliqué is looking great. It will be fun for us to see how it all fits together! Cooler temps are so welcome this time of year! I'm currently in TX visiting my daughter and I have to admit, here, it's hard to even believe tomorrow is October!

Susan said...

I like the blocks pictured in both posts. This is a wonderful quilt whose time has finally come. Good for you!

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...