Sunday, February 14, 2021

Heart Day

Taken at Santa Monica Beach 1946


                           Today is the 75th Wedding Anniversary of by parents;  Bill and Colleen




It was always a special day at our house because we all got to celebrate.  My dad would buy those little heart shaped boxes that have chocolates in them.  Then he would take out the chocolates and fill them with M&Ms, take them secretly outside and place them on the porch, ring the doorbell, and run.  You remember kicking Valentines?  Anyway, we would run to the door, find our heart, and the fact that Dad was coming in the backdoor at the same time never clicked.  






Hope your day is nice and that you'll be able to hug the one's you love.

Robin

I had a friend that called this "Single Awareness Day".  But I think it's for everybody because we all love someone.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

What great photos--amazing --lovely memories...hugs, Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

So sweet, and how fortunate you are to still have them with you.

Nancy said...

Great photos, Robin, and what sweet memories of celebrating Valentine's Day with heart boxes of M&Ms. I love that middle photo of your parents.

Janet O. said...

Special memories and a handsome couple!
I love the story of your Dad's Valentines to you kids.

Kaja said...

What a lovely post, Robin, it really made me smile.

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...