Friday, March 25, 2022

A sweet surprise



I got a sweet surprise package in the mail last week.  Janet O. made this adorable mug rug.  She said no person should have just one and so she made me this cute little miniature quilt in her signature purple.  Such a delightful little thing.



I set it up on the mantle with my blackbirds.  I'm not sure it's going to get used as a mug rug.
My pictures are a little dark.  It must have been a cloudy day.



She also sent me a cute little "Quilty" note pad.  It was so sweet.  Thanks again Janet.



 I made the first block in Blockheads 4 that just started Wednesday.  I've been wanting to use some of my Minick & Simpson scraps and when I got into the box there was a whole layer cake of Prairie Paisley II from a few years ago.  So I dug in.  I hope I keep up with this because another red, white, and blue quilt never hurt anyone!  

The other thing I like about this is that I've been working hard to finish up the UFOs and the hand quilting sometimes lasts much longer than my interest level does.  Making one block a week will give me a respite from hand quilting and change things up a little.

Hope your day is sunny. . . 

Robin


7 comments:

Julierose said...

what a wonderful surprise "squishy mail" package;)) so pretty...
Your 1st Moda Blockheads block is really pretty--love the fabric choices you made. Hugs for a good weekend Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

Your precious mini from Janet found a perfect home with your blackbirds. Love the Blockheads 4 block!

Quilter Kathy said...

OMG that is soooo sweet! I adore it! I want to make one right away! What a great photo of you - it really shows the scale of the quilt!

Janet O. said...

Glad you like your little mug rug, Robin. I love how it looks with your crows. :)
Looks like you will have beautiful blocks with those Minick & Simpson scraps.
I took my purple quilt to a longarm quilter on Saturday, and told myself that was the first and last BOW I am doing. I can't keep up!
But I will enjoy seeing your red, white and blue quilt grow. I know you can do it!

Sandy said...

Darling mug rug, especially with the blackbirds. Nice job on the Blockhead!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

The blockheads block is really great, and I'm sure it will be fun to make one block each week - won't get boring! Janet gave you a sweet little mini mini.

Nancy said...

What a sweet tiny quilt from Janet! And I love your crows.
Your Blockheads block is beautiful. I'll look forward to seeing others as you make them.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...