Monday, January 9, 2023

New technique, puzzles, and snow


I've decided to do echo quilting around the center block.  I've never done such tight quilting before - it's a new experience and I'm on a learning curve.  I'm not sure I want to do this in every block but I really like this one so far.



My husband and I spent a contented day doing this puzzle.  It's called the Cozy Room.  

I love puzzles and would love to have a space to leave one up and just work on it a little each day.  It's so calming.  But, that wouldn't work around here because DH thinks once you start you can't leave till it's finished.  Sometimes, I have to walk away because I feel his intensity and I'm hurrying to keep up with him.  That's not why I puzzle.  I wouldn't say anything to him though. . . I'd rather have him there than not.



 We had enough snow for a snowman.  It's about time.

Robin

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Just lovely quilting....
I like to do puzzles too--my DH isn't a fan-- but he will walk by occasionally and maddeningly pick up a piece and put it in its rightful place!! Not fair I tell him!! Hahaha...
No snow here as yet--will this be the winter with no snow?
Hugs, Julierose

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

That is beautiful echo quilting! Cute snowman;).

Denice Barker said...

We are like minded on puzzles, and thankfully so is hubby. We can usually get one done in a week.

Nancy said...

This is gorgeous, Robin! The quilting adds interest to the already-beautiful applique. It must require lots of patience?
The room in the puzzle does look cozy. I don't know anyone else in person who enjoys doing puzzles. I enjoy them but not to do a whole one alone, I don't think.
Fun snowman. And I like your neighbor-across-the-street's bulbs on their tree. All together it's a fun scene.

Janet O. said...

The quilting looks amazing! That will be very labor intensive (at least it would be for me), but what a stunning effect!
Oh, I did that puzzle last year, Robin. My DIL brought it over when she finished it. I really liked it. Your story about your hubby's approach to puzzles made me smile. My hubby can barely stand to sit long enough to find one or two pieces to fit. I enjoy sitting for 30 minutes to an hour and seeing how much I can do, and then walking away until another day. You are a wise woman to just appreciate his company.
Look at all your snow!

Kaja said...

I love the echo quilting, though I can see a whole quilt of it would be a lot of work.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Robin your quilting is fantastic! I just love how it looks and I'm so excited for this project! We don't do puzzles but I have neighbors that used to keep one on a table and sometimes they (or visitors) would walk by, see a piece that fits, etc. The puzzle could go for weeks! Your snowman is cute! Have a great day!

Two Weeks under the tree was his record.

 Well, it didn't exactly turn out like I could see in my minds eye. . .  And it had a few make-overs as well a drastic designer revision...