Saturday, August 10, 2019

Christmas in Cedarburg

The book that I used for the pattern had the sawtooth border on these blocks going two different ways.  If I had looked a little more closely at the other blocks I would have noticed that some of them have that border all going the same way.  I wish I would have noticed that sooner but my blocks are done and they are all made crazily alike.



I can't decide if it needs another border.  It is 72" square and so I'm leaning towards it being done.

Look what greets me every morning as I look out my back door.  We have six hibiscus bushes but this one seems to be the heartiest.  Such a cheerful greeting each day.




Have a great Saturday.
Robin

If you want to find out the story behind this quilt, go here.

7 comments:

Janet O. said...

I would call it done, Robin--and I would also call it a wonderful finish! Honestly, I would never notice if the sawtooth border was all the same or not. There is so much here to attract the eye that such a detail would not stand out to me.
Lovely hibiscus bush! They don't do so well up here, though I know a few people who have a "micro-climate" against a building or some other protective barrier that allows them to grow a successful hibiscus.

Cathy said...

That's gorgeous!! I love how you have used the Blindman's Fancy blocks around the medallion.

I have several hibiscus bushes too. I think mine look the same but are called Rose of Sharon and a couple of them are pink. I need to prune a white one because it looks like a tree instead of a bush. I watched a hummingbird go to almost every single flower on them yesterday.

Cathy said...

Your quilt is beautiful. I love it just the way it is. Hugs

Jeanne said...

Your quilt is so lovely Robin! I think it looks done :)

Nancy said...

What a wonderful quilt, Robin! I love it. It is packed with interesting, from the center block right out to the border. I keep looking and looking at the fabrics, colors, arrangements of light/dark, etc. It's interesting how we see some detail in a finished quilt that we would have done differently, had we noticed earlier. I think your sawtooth borders are just right as they are.
Your hibiscus is beautiful. I don't believe I've ever seen a white one. In El Salvador, where we lived for a brief time, they made a tea from the flowers. It took us the longest time to figure out that "rosa de jamaica" (pronounced ha-my-ca) was hibiscus. It wasn't till years later that I actually saw a real hibiscus plant with flowers. It must be a fun welcome to the new day when you see it each morning.

Barb said...

What a fabulous Christmas Quilt! It looks like complete, but if you want a larger quilt you can always add a border. I love the blocks.
The hibiscus is so pretty. I bet it smells lovely.

Karen said...

The applique center block is so very pretty.

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...