Sunday, March 28, 2021

Eventually. . .

 Just wanted to share some of my progress.  Hand quilting something is really a labor of love. 

 


This week it was hard to motivate myself to work on it.  But I'll finish another row tomorrow and there's only two more to go after that.  

Spring is trying to make an appearance here in this mountain valley.  It will be warm this week, getting up into the 70's but I don't trust that winter is gone.  Even though it's been a mild winter (as Rocky Mountain winters go) I don't think "Old Man Winter" has finished with us. 

 It gets warm enough for the fruit trees to blossom and then it freezes most of them  It happens every year. 

Robin

6 comments:

Julierose said...

Such a beautiful quilt--good for you hanging in there; my Mojo has gone missing, too. I think after the whole year of isolation we are all feeling the effects....hugs Julierose

Quilting Babcia said...

You're so right, hand quilting is definitely a labor of love, and your quilt is looking beautiful. Sounds like you'll be finished with it soon. Your weather sounds like ours, spring sunshine and warm one day and snowing the next.

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's that time of year when we never know how to plan for the weather. I wore sandals today and it felt great. It's a beautiful quilt and it's good to be patient with a labor of love.

Janet O. said...

Your quilting is gorgeous, Robin!!
It has been such a shift in weather this past several days--from snow flurries to sunshine. But I don't trust it yet, either. :)
I read once that you could preserve the fruit tree blossoms by wrapping the trees with Christmas lights (not LEDs) and turning on the lights on nights when the temperatures were to drop. They would give off just enough warmth to prevent freezing. Can you see the orchards in Northern Utah all lit up in the spring on nights when frost threatened?

Kaja said...

We have the same weather - blazing sun on Wednesday, snow on Monday morning. Your quilt is close to a finish and looking lovely; I hope you can keep going.

Nancy said...

Your quilting is so perfect, Robin! Patience and persistence with the hand quilting and soon you'll have a beautiful, finished quilt.

Ongoing progress

I finished the center with the gifts and put on a double star border.  It now measure 48" square. Now I'm at a standstill. . .  I&#...