Monday, October 17, 2022

The Age of Remembering

 I knew this would happen someday.  

I just realized today was the day.

I knew that someday I would be still and it would be quiet and I would just want to remember.

I would want to remember the little things;

My mother's smile

My favorite coat - the green one or the fur one?

Playing with the neighborhood kids after dark

Slurping grape Shasta and eating snowballs at Adams park

Swimming lessons at the old high school pool

My Dad behind the wheel of our green & white Chevy station wagon

My first crush

I am finally at the 'age of remembering'. 

The part of my life where I have more time . . .  than things to fill it.

I've been looking forward to this for years.

Robin

3 comments:

Julierose said...

Lovely sentiments--fit right in with Autumn I think...I feel like i am crossing over from Autumn to Winter in years...Hugs, Julierose

Denice Barker said...

My mother-in-law ALWAYS used to say, "I have my memories." And I find myself telling my children who are in their 40's "These are your years. These are the years you will remember the rest of your life. Don't wish them away for an extra hour's sleep."

Nancy said...

Beautiful and sweet, Robin. It sounds like you have a good memory and wonderful memories to remember. My memory is less than I'd like with a few clear memories and lots of vague ones. Will you write your memories down?

Everything is in bloom

I love geraniums.  I'm always looking for an unusual or different color, petal shape, or foliage shading. They just make me happy.   I&#...